Cozy Up with Cocoa
There’s no better way to warm up on a cold winter night than with a cup of warm hot cocoa. Picture this: you snuggled up under a Blue Loom throw, sipping hot cocoa, binging your favorite holiday movies. One for you and one for the kids, of course.
We all know and love the childhood favorite hot cocoa from the old-fashioned instant powder but let us show you how to take an old classic and make it even better. The best thing about this recipe is that it’s easy, delicious and can be enjoyed in minutes.
Here’s what you need:
- 1-2 cups of the milk of choice
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (or semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (you can adjust the sugar to suit your taste preferences)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream, for serving
- cocoa powder or chocolate shavings, for garnish
- marshmallows, for serving
- candy canes, for serving
- Those who are 21+ can pair with their favorite Irish Cream Liqueur
- Add the milk to a saucepan and heat over medium-low heat for about 2 minutes (until it is beginning to warm and no longer cold).
- Stir in the chopped chocolate and sugar and whisk continuously until the chocolate and sugar have dissolved and the hot chocolate is smooth and warmed through but not boiling.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Ladle into 4 mugs.
- Optional: top with marshmallows and crushed candy cane. Use a candy cane for a fun, festive stirrer.
Sip and enjoy!