Nothing says Happy Holidays like a festive cocktail enjoyed with friends and family this season! Get into the holiday spirit with these Spiced Cranberry Rosé Spritzers. This cocktail includes homemade cranberry jam, fruity rosé, sweet elderflower liquor added with fresh citrus and spicy ginger beer. Create this festive holiday style cocktail that’s refreshing and delicious. Not only will this be a crowd pleaser, but its festive colors will also double as a gorgeous décor piece on any table!
With cozy weather on its way, warm up from the inside out with this cheery drink that will have all your guests ranting and raving for weeks to come. The spices in the wine spritzer are the perfect combo of festive, yet delicious Holiday cheer.
What makes this drink extra fun is the cranberry jam. The fresh fruit is a delicious mix of sweet honey, fresh tart cranberries, rosemary and cardamon. The key is the hone, which balances out the tartness, while the rosemary and cardamon add warmth and coziness to the drink.
If you want to make a pitcher for the kids, you can easily make this non- alcoholic as well! Substitute the wine and liquor for grape juice for the kids to enjoy along with you.
We know this will be a hit at any party or family event so give it a try. Cheers!
Spiced Cranberry Rosé Spritzers
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon cardamon pods or 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 bottle (750 ml) rosé wine
- 4 ounces elderflower liquor
- 1/3 cup cranberry or pomegranate juice
- 2-3 dashes orange bitter
- 2 blood oranges or regular oranges, sliced
- 4-6 (12 ounce) ginger beers, to your taste
- To make the cranberry syrup: In a medium pot, bring 1/2 cup water, the honey, cranberries, rosemary, and cardamon to a boil over high heat. Boil 5 minutes or until the cranberries begin to burst, then remove from the heat. Let cool. Remove the rosemary and cardamon pods. If desired, strain out the cranberries.
- In a large pitcher, combine the cranberry syrup, rosé, elderflower liquor, cranberry juice, and orange bitters. Chill until ready to serve, up to 2 days.
- Add the orange slices and ginger beer just before serving. Garnish each drink with a candied rosemary (recipe below), if desired.