Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice
When the first leaf falls, many of us rush to our favorite coffee spots to pick up a Pumpkin Spice Latte. But we love them so much, we took it upon ourselves to bring you a recipe to try at home (trust us, it’s simple and worth it!) Ditch the long lines and high prices and make your latte exactly how you like it.
Pumpkin Spice Lattes taste like fall in a cup and are equal parts sweet and spicy. Start your morning routine off right, drink it whenever you need a little pick-me-up or enjoy it when the temperatures dip down. Welcome autumn with this soothing drink that makes you feel warm and cozy inside.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups 2% milk (whole milk can be used if you want it even creamier)
- 6 Tbsp canned pumpkin puree
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coffee or espresso
- Orange gel food coloring or natural food coloring (optional)
How to Make It:
- For the whipped topping: In a medium mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer, whip together heavy cream with sugar on high speed until stiff peaks form. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a star tip (or you can just spoon it over the latte).
- For the latte: In a small saucepan, whisk together milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Heat until it’s warmed (you can test a sip with a spoon).
- Remove from heat, stir in hot coffee or espresso and vanilla extract. Tint with food color, if desired (it should only take a few drops).
- Pour into mugs. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle pumpkin pie spice over to taste. Serve right away.
Channel your inner barista to make this delicious drink we know you’ll love a latte! Plus, with this recipe, you won’t have to wait until fall to get it. Make it at home whenever you crave it!
Happy fall, y’all