Spring in a Sip
What better way to celebrate spring than with a seasonal cocktail? We’ve got the perfect recipe for a Blackberry Lavender Champagne Cocktail, a floral and fruity beverage that will leave you feeling refreshed after one sip. Whether you’re having brunch with your besties or throwing a cocktail party, this drink is sure to please all your guests.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 tbsp of dried or fresh lavender flowers
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blackberries
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup vodka
- 2 (750 ml) bottles of champagne, chilled
How to Make It:
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, bring the blackberries, syrup and vodka to a boil. Gently mash and stir the berries with a sturdy spoon. Continue cooking and stirring for approximately five minutes or until the berries have fully cooked down.
- Mix in the lavender flowers and continue stirring for another minute. Remove the skillet from the heat and let it cool. Transfer the mixture into a sealed container and refrigerate for a minimum of one hour or up to two days.
- Add one tablespoon of blackberry lavender syrup to each champagne flute. Next, fill each glass with chilled champagne. Be sure to pour against the side of the flute to reduce foaming.
- Serve and enjoy!
If fresh blackberries are too sour, try frozen berries for optimal sweetness. You can also use dried lavender flowers as a substitute. Add a sprig of lavender as a garnish to elevate the look. This cocktail combines the crisp taste of sparkling champagne with sweet blackberry to invigorate your senses. It’s simple and stunning!
Toast to the good times with this fresh and delicious cocktail that totally embodies spring. We hope you like it as much as we do!